Criteria for Eligibility and Application Process
To be eligible for our services, you must meet both the following criteria:
- An Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis* must be confirmed by a recognized professional (psychiatrist or psychologist).
- The autistic individual must reside in the Outaouais region.
* A diagnosis of Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome are also considered acceptable.
To access services, autistic individuals and their families must follow these three steps: (Click to enlarge)
Submitting a Request for Access
The request for access form can be completed by the autistic individual (16 and over only), their parent or legal representative, and should be accompanied by a copy of the diagnosis report.
NOTE: Before starting to complete the form below, please ensure you have an electronic (scanned) version of the proof of diagnosis on your computer. Alternately, you can also submit your request by fax or by postal service. CLICK HERE to print the form for this purpose.
Please note that the person responsible for access requests will contact you within 30 days following your application. If your eligibility is confirmed, you can become a member by paying an annual membership fee, then register for and access services or activities according to your needs.*
For additional information about our services or request for access process, please call and leave a message at 819 595-1290, voicemail ext. 33.
* Availability is limited; for this reason, TUOI implemented a Group Availability Management Policy in June 2015. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Application – Corporate or Institutional Member
Annual fee: $100.00
• Right to vote at the General Assembly (one vote by a delegate designated through a written resolution signed by an authorized person)
• Access to the Documentation Centre and Media Library
Please Note: Employees from a member institution or business can access the Documentation Centre and Media Library by presenting their membership card (limit of 10 membership cards issued per institution/corporation; it is possible to issue 10 more cards for an additional $100 fee).